- Woman Today Story (0)
- NZ Press Story (0)
- Akaroa Mail (0)
- Bay Harbour News 2000 (0)
- Her Buisiness 2001 (0)
- Fashion Quarterly (0)
- Fashion Quarterly 2000 (0)
- Sunday Times (0)
- North & South (0)
- ES Story June (0)
- The Dress Circle Book (0)
- Christchurch Press Story (0)
- Dancescene Trust (0)
- fashion Quarterly NZ designer comments (0)
- fashion Quarterly designer coments (0)
- Rachel Hunter models Nita Henry leatherwear (0)
- Nita Henry leatherwear in the Fashion Quarterly NZ (0)
- Shoreline 1993 Story (0)
- 1st place in Rotary Club Napier NZ Wool Capital Fashion Design Awards (0)
- 1994 wool award Benson & Hedges Awards (0)
- 1993 Ansett Link Menswear Award Winner (0)
- 1989 Napier Wool Award (0)
- Chch Designers Shine at Benson & Hedges Awards (0)
- Nz Industry book " Gifted to the prince" (0)
- Judges Choose Nominations in Awards (0)
- Manufacturing (6)
- Nelson Magazine July 2018 (0)
The young Nita Henry took the fashion world by storm. Absorbing the fundamentals of the fashion industry as a model, the young woman from Christchurch – with no formal training but loads of talent, confidence and practical experience – was designing and making leatherwear for shops throughout New Zealand and Australia by the age of 21.
Throughout the 80s and into the 90s, the name, face and label of Nita Henry reflected nothing but success. She was setting records with her success in the Benson & Hedges Fashion Awards gaining more than 20 nominations and winning the menswear award in 1993.
Nita changed the New Zealand leather fashion industry in the 80's and with Zulu shops throughout NZ leather fast become a fashion must have item.
The only designer to receive seven seconds in the nine category Benson Hedges awards in one year.
Nita is still a prolific designer carving kiwiana silver bead designs and making copper healing bracelets in her studio is in the beautiful Tasman, Nelson area.
After the Christchurch quakes Nita was forced to relocate to this inspiring creative location and hasn't looked back since.
"I enjoy making beautiful people more beautiful inside and out"
Photography by Tim Cuffs (Nelson)